Thursday, April 2, 2015

Resolution: Use Pot Responsibly in 2015

Crock pots, soup pots....that's what I mean.  I've always been a "pot" chef, producing whole meals in the crock pot or in a stock pot on the stove since the early 1970's.  Especially because I was a full-time working mom.  Meat loafs, stuffed peppers, chili, chicken, pot roast, pork roast, lasagna, spaghetti sauce, beans of all kinds.

Now more than ever I find that using a Crockpot regularly keeps my fridge and freezer stocked with instant one- and two-serving meals.  I make big batches of soup or beans and freeze in Glad freezer containers, which hold 2 one-cup servings each.


Here are my "potted" offerings so far this year:

New Year's black eyed peas with ham.

Pot roast with carrots and onion.  

Beef barley soup. using leftover crockpot pot roast

After my latest Crockpot pot roast, I decided I needed a larger Crockpot


Chicken noodle soup, using leftover grocery store rotisserie chicken breast meat

Split pea soup, a staple in my house.

Another pot roast, this one larger and in my new, larger Crockpot

The house always smells wonderful when there's something simmering on the stove or in the Crockpot!

2 comments:

  1. Hey your new crock pot looks just like my big one. I have three different sizes today. The big one is good for stuffed peppers too because of the size.

    I am weird though and don't like to use it when I am not home. Funny since that is what they are made for, lol.

    Do you have a little fondue sized one? They are good for overnight oats. A hot breakfast the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a 4 qt oval and a 3 qt round. Don't have a smaller, fondue-sized one. Guessing that would be a 2 qt size? That sounds like a handy size to have.

    ReplyDelete