Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Busy Knitting Needles in 1st Quarter 2015

My knitting needles definitely weren't idle through the winter months here in South Texas.  Our season is so short, and there were some projects I wanted to get onto the needles, get knitted, and get off the needles so that I could wear them before it was too late.

Peasy.  The first of these was a really pretty, lightweight cardigan knit in a Rowan DK weight yarn called Felted Tweed in the colorway Tawny.  It's the first of several projects finished this year so far, and has seen a lot of use already.  It's such an adaptable style, with its 3/4 length sleeves and light weight.

Peasy cardigan, knit in Rowan Felted Tweed DK colorway: Tawny



Eased.  I finished a really comfortable and cozy funnel neck pullover in November and decided that I needed another one in a different color.  Cascade Alpaca Eco yarn in a pretty deep turquoise colorway called Satine.

Eased pullover knit in Cascade Eco+ colorway: Satine


Baby Cables.  My next project was a repeat of one I'd knitted last August.  I wasn't happy with my choice of yarn for that project and felt that the gauge was too loose and the yarn too fuzzy to show off the cables effectively.  So I purchased a really soft baby merino yarn in a luscious soft powder blue, a yarn that will be perfect for this sweater.  I'm very happy with the results of this second version, and will probably unravel the previous version and reuse the yarn for another project.

Baby Cables knit in Schachenmayr Select Extra Soft Merino Alpaca colorway:  frost



Pinewood.  While I was in Colorado last August, I bought a few skeins of a ridiculously decadent yarn by Madelintosh, a DK yarn in a gorgeous deep green colorway called black walnut.  Last spring I'd knitted a cute short sleeve sweater with lace detail along the sides, and found another pattern by that same designer that will look great in this yarn.  It has a really pretty neckline and I'll give it long sleeves.  It's a beautiful sweater and I've worn it a lot this winter.

Pinewood pullover knit in Madelinetosh Tosh DK colorway:  Black Walnut

Jasmine.  Since knitting a sweater from an unknown designer is a crap shoot for me when it comes to fit, I often stick with the same designer, even stick with the same sweater pattern if it fits and looks nice.  So here's another version of a sweater I knitted last November, this one in the same yarn only a different colorway.  I made a couple of minor modifications to this one, including adding an inch to the length of the cowl neck, and doing long sleeves instead of 3/4 sleeves.  I love the fit, love the details of this sweater, both front and back, and love how comfortable it is.  This is another sweater I've worn several times already.

Jasmine pullover knit in Cascade 220 Superwash Aran colorway:  baby denim


Abate.  That really cool funnel neck sweater that I've now made twice also comes in children's and toddler's sizes, so I thought it would be really precious, knitted in pink yarn for my granddaughter.  I bought the yarn and then brought the project with me on my recent Caribbean cruise, where I got about 1/3 of it done.  I finished it once I got home and it's currently at their house, wrapped up, waiting to be opened for her birthday.  I can't wait to get a photo of her wearing it.

Abate pullover, child size 6 knit in Berroco Comfort Solids colorway: rosebud

Yellow Brick Road.  I had the yarn for this next project in my stash for several months before the project finally worked its way up to the top of the queue.  It's a pretty deep red wool yarn with fine wispy silver filaments woven in.  Gives it an interesting sparkle.  I had started it but set it aside for other projects, so once home from the cruise I could finally sit down and work on it through to completion.

Yellow Brick Road cardigan knit in Kollage Yarns Glisten colorway: carmine


Still have a stash to work on, a couple of projects on the needles, and a few upcoming trips...perfect conditions!

2 comments:

  1. You finish all your knitting projects very efficiently, might hafta invest in additional sweater lockers !!! And I think you may need to turn the air conditioner down low this spring to extend the sweater wearing season in Houston !!!
    Oh, the modeling is quite professional in your posting, 'cept there or no male models in your portfolio !!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color blue of the Eased. They are all so pretty. So how big is your sweater drawer?

    ReplyDelete