Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Cloudy Tuesday

Gray.  Damp.  Chilly.  That pretty much says it all about Tuesday morning in Nashville IN.

My legs were restless all night, telling me they wanted to go for a run today, so I complied!  I jumped out of bed, ate a yogurt cup, then pulled on some running shorts, a long-sleeve running top, socks, running shoes, pinned my room key to the little inside pocket of my shorts, and tucked a $20 bill into the little back pocket and I was out the door.

It was definitely a little chillier than I thought...guess it was the damp and grayness that made 46 degrees feel so much colder. 

I headed down the main drag of Nashville with no real route in mind...I just "winged" it, exploring the town, running down roads that I had no idea where they went or even if they were paved around the next bend.

I took a right turn onto one promising road and got about 1/2 mile down before the pavement ended and the gravel path shot straight up the side of the hill.    Okay...not going there!  So I turned around and started zig-zagging my way south on side roads, the McDonald's a mile down the road calling my name!

Hot latte stop at mile 2, then home the last mile to my cozy suite at Hidden Valley Inn.

It misty-rained all afternoon and I was content to stay inside.  I went back out only to return to Big Woods Pizza to pick up an Italian sub and a different beer - this time the Hare Trigger IPA - to bring back to my room for dinner.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a rainy day....we'll see what the day brings.

2 comments:

  1. May have been a chilly day but at least you got out for a run.

    I am amazed you can run and hold a latte at the same time. Now that takes talent.

    ReplyDelete