Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Four Days Later...

I am amazed!  I honestly thought I'd be "used up" after running three half-marathons in three weeks.  I mean...all those miles!  And truth be told, my training hasn't been the greatest these last couple of searingly hot South Texas months.  But it seems this ambitious schedule has had no lasting detrimental effects.  And in fact, has set me up in good training position for the upcoming fall half-marathons in Wichita, Tulsa, and Scottsdale.
Crossing the finish line
Maple Leaf half marathon
Sure, I was stiff and creaky for a few days after doing the Maple Leaf Half Marathon in Vermont.  I blamed this on all those hills!  Yet the Nashville race course was every bit as hilly - maybe more so - and I had no stiff joints or sore muscles at all afterward.    I guess that Vermont course knocked the rust off.

Nashville Womens Half Marathon
I'm thinking that doing races with this frequency really isn't all that bad.  If I were training for a full marathon, I'd be putting these miles in and more, week after week, anyway.  I'm not sure I'd want to do it on a regular basis, though.  I do have a few back-to-back races scheduled in 2013, each with a week in between to recuperate.  Three in one month, though?  Not too sure about that!  But at least I know I could do it if I needed to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~








Some of my 50-States half-marathon medals

Now that I'm home, and have had a chance to get caught up, get the new medals hung on my 50 States-50 Half Marathons medal rack, I have time to look ahead at what's coming up next.  Prairie Fire Marathon is coming up in October.  It's going to be a real treat!  Completely flat course, cool maybe even cold temperatures at the start.  The following month there's the Route 66 Marathon in Tulsa.  Another good one!


Always keeping my eye
out for photographers,
this one at the Nashville
Womens Half Marathon
crossing the finish line
Womens Half Marathon


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like getting my race photos when ever I can.  I guess it's further proof that I was actually there, that I didn't just have a bad dream.  And when I'm ridiculously old and living in an Assisted Living Center, I'll have something to show the great grandkids - and the young arrogant staff - that I'm more than just a senile, doddering old lady. 
I was once a runner!





1 comment:

  1. You may find you want to run even more if you are feeling better after with less aches and pains.

    I like seeing all the medals hung on the wall. I bet that gives you a little extra motivation.

    ReplyDelete