Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Back to Reality

I'm home...and reality hits.  No more maid service in hotel rooms, no more meals cooked and delivered to my table.  And no more spectacular mountains, lush evergreens, beautiful scenery.

I came home to find my Althea in full bloom (it's about time!) and a family of hornets moving into their new home on my front entry.  I came home to no food in the fridge, cat hair everywhere, full-to-overflowing kitty litters, a suitcase filled with 15 days' worth of dirty clothes...I want a "do over!"

I know that's not going to happen, so it's back to reality and to my normal life.   






I also came home to a non-functioning AT&T U-Verse, which meant no phone, no internet, and no TV.  I could handle the no phone part...after all, I have a brand-new Samsung Galaxy S3!  I could even handle the no internet, since my Sprint internet card and my 4G LTE phone could easily handle my internet needs.  But no TV?  Are you kidding me??  I'm going to miss the second of three nights in a row of The Voice!  Totally unacceptable!

Two AT&T service calls later, and I'm back in business on Wednesday evening (knock on wood). 

I was so road-weary when I got to Hattiesburg MS on my way home Monday night that I wasn't even sure I wanted to stop in Mandeville to visit my daughter-in-law and grandkids.  Pretty pathetic, right?  But a night's sleep and I re-adjusted my mind-set, so called my daughter-in-law to arrange a meet for coffee and pastries....a quick little detour into Mandeville.  It was easy and fun, and I'm so glad I did.

But once back on the road to Houston, I was again desperate to get home.  Home to my cat, home to my own bed, home to my private sanctuary.  Once home, I put the service call in to AT&T, got the laundry started, grabbed a bite to eat, and gave my full attention to my love-starved kitty.

My two additions to my half-marathon collection now hang proudly on my 50 States-50 Half Marathons medal rack.

 For me, a road trip is fun until it is no longer fun.  Then it is torture!  So glad to be home!

1 comment:

  1. There really is no place like home. Especially when there is a cute and fluffy kitty waiting for you.

    Glad you made it home in one piece and got to see family on the way home too.

    Hopefully you don't have so much catching up to do that you can't relax.

    ReplyDelete