Sunday, September 16, 2012

Alaska in June 2013 is a Go!!

Finally!!  I'd been watching and waiting...waiting for registration to open for:
 

wait...wait...wait...check the website...wait...wait...wait...check the website. 



And then, just like that!  I checked the website a couple of days ago and there it was! 

"Registration is open"

Hooray!!

Not that I was over-eager or anything (yeah, right!), but I'd already kinda guessed what the date would be for the 2013 race (Saturday closest to Summer Solstice).  And based on this, I'd gone ahead and booked my airfare and my hotel room in Anchorage.  Optimistic, I know, but I truly believed that this was going to happen.  And if it didn't?  I'd just go, anyway.  Was I worried?  Was I worried that I'd miss the opening of registration, miss my chance to run in this race?  Heck yeah!!

But it did happen...the race will be back for 2013, I didn't miss registration, and I'm registered!! 



Here's the significance of running this half-marathon:  I'll celebrate a major birthday milestone in Anchorage, running a half marathon in a very pretty state, a state I've never been to before.  And get to do it on my 65th birthday.  OMG!  I'll be 65 years old!  I'll officially be OLD.  I'll officially be on Medicare.

Damn!  I can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Our friend Richard just did the Equinox Marathon in Fairbanks, his hometown.

    What a pretty place to go for a run and celebrate a milestone too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to your friend Richard!! I can't wait to go!

      Delete
  2. Well Medicare could be gone by next June (given the elections and all), but Anchorage will still be there. OLD to some, but young to your piers and that would be anyone over 50.

    Willie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl. What accomplishments you have. Amazing!

    Bill Wms

    ReplyDelete