Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Here's the "Actual-to-Plan" So Far

Scrolling through my blog posts I realized I've not written about this lately:

So where am I so far?

Conceived earlier this year, the plan is to run a half marathon in each of the 50 U.S. states.  I already had a bit of a head start when I thought of this, with one of the hardest to get - Hawaii - already in the books.   Taking this one bite at a time, I've planned out the schedule for 2012 and have already worked my way through half of this plan already.  I'm even looking ahead to 2013, researching races, choosing probable locations, seeing what neighboring state can be combined into the same trip to maximize cost efficiency.

States I already have from previous years' races:
          Texas
          California
          Hawaii
          Michigan
          Ohio

States I've added to the list this year:
Here's what my completion map looks like today
          Arkansas (March)
          Florida (April)

And if I'd thought of this plan sooner, I wouldn't have run the following races in the first half of this year, since I already have the states of Texas and Ohio:
          Houston TX (January)
          Galveston TX (February)
          Cincinnati OH (May)
I would have used the time and resources to find races in new-to-me states
Here's what my completion map should
look like by the end of the year.
Here are the states I hope to add to this list by the end of the year 2012:
          Wisconsin (June)
          Pennsylvania (September)
          Vermont (September)
          Kansas (October)
          Oklahoma (November)
          Arizona (December)

By the end of 2012 I will have run
11 half marathons in 12 months. 

And I'll have 13 of the 50 states...26% of the way to my goal!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, good job. That is a lot of running. Way to go on keeping up on your goals.

    Has anyone ever told you that you can stop running? The bad guys aren't chasing you anymore.....

    We think of this every once in a while when we see someone out for a run but they don't look like they are having any fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the replacement for the NPT, eh ?. Just a fun for you I bet

    Willie

    ReplyDelete