Monday, January 9, 2012

More Waffle Houses

Yesterday morning was cloudy, but no rain yet, so I decided to stray a little further afield and collect some more Waffle Houses in the Greater Houston area.  I have several routes plotted in Microsoft Streets & Trips, so loaded one of them into my GPS and then backed my FZ out of the garage for another day of riding and photographing.

This day's route took me north of Houston, up near Bush Intercontinental Airport and then further north to Conroe and then back down to Humble before finishing up and heading home.  A little longer loop than the one on January 5 - this time, 134 miles to snag 5 Waffle Houses.


Waffle House #6 - Will Clayton Parkway at Bush Intercontinental Airport:










Waffle House #7 - N. Beltway 8 at Hardy Toll Road:









Waffle House #8 - League Line Road in Conroe:










Waffle House #9 S. Loop 336 in Conroe:









Waffle House #10 -  FM 1960 at I-45:










There are now nine riders who are actively collecting Waffle House photos.  About 35 folks are signed up to do this Grand Tour.

This coming week, weather permitting, I plan to hit the ones that are south of Houston, down near Galveston one day, and another day collect the ones that are west of the city, out near Katy.   After this coming weekend, when I run in the Houston marathon, I can concentrate a little more on this Grand Tour.  I have an all-day route planned to collect the ones out near Beaumont TX.  I have a couple of items to deliver to my grandkids, so have a route planned to scoop up as many Waffle Houses as I can between here and Mandeville LA...and it's a bunch!!

Stay tuned for the next Waffle House Grand Tour report...

2 comments:

  1. Ten riders have posted pics now. I hope you didn't venture out today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the waffles. Have you thought about the GLMC Grand Tour. You would do well with that.

    Willie

    ReplyDelete