Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Still Sick But Hopeful

We're going on day 8 of this nonsense!  Congested head! Congested chest!  Blocked ears! 

When will this end??  If were just a head cold, I'd attempt to get a few runs in.  But the chest congestion makes it really hard just doing day-to-day stuff, never mind putting some miles on the ol' running shoes. 

I'm hopeful that whatever training I've gotten in, up to this point, will be sufficient.  I was on track until two weeks ago.  And I ran a half-marathon near the end of September.  Last long run was 9 miles two weeks ago.  Last run was a short one, 12 days ago.  I can only cross my fingers and hope this "crud" clears out real soon and that it's not set me back too much!

I leave day after tomorrow for Florida to run the Women's Half Marathon in St. Petersburg, traveling there by motorcycle.  My stuff is all packed, bike is "prepped" for the trip.  Weather should be great!  Here's hoping I'm able to get one more long run in (maybe tomorrow??) and then a few more runs while I'm in Florida next week, prior to the race.  Wish me better health and safe travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment