Monday, November 21, 2011

First Run After a Cold - The Trials for Us Allergy-Prone Folks

It wasn't pretty.  In fact, it was downright "ugly."  But I did get up this morning, and I did put on my running clothes, and I did leave the house.  I even started out at a good jogging pace, too.  Kept it up all the way through the first two miles. 

Then I got into mile three.  It was warm.  It was humid.  A change from what it's been here and in Florida the last two or three weeks.   My lungs felt like a sumo wrestler had me in a bear hug.  Asthma sufferers know exactly what I'm describing.   You see, when I do get a cold - which has been very infrequent for the last decade or so - it can never be described as "slight."  It will trigger my asthma.

Well, finally, whatever this virus was, it decided to go elsewhere, leaving me tired and four weeks behind in my running.  So this morning I decided to give it a go.  Hopefully it won't be too hard to get back to where I was, training-wise.  I ran a good 9 mile run 4 weeks ago...today I ran a pitiful 3 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment