Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pygmalion Wears Running Shoes

If there's a connection between Pygmalion and running, I'll find it.  But in the meantime, let me say this:  9:00 AM rehearsals and 7:00 AM runs are pretty much mutually exclusive. 

I live in a great little community!  We have so many activities...too many, if you're the kind of person who wants to do it all!  One of the groups I've been active with has been the Players Club.  We put on three stage productions every year, usually a musical, a melodrama, and either a murder mystery or comedy.  Past productions have included Damn Yankees, South Pacific, The Odd Couple, just to name a few.

So this fall, our group is staging My Fair Lady.  I didn't try out for a part, because I worried I couldn't make the commitment to daily rehearsals for this production.    Working with the director, though, I set up the sound effects playlist on the computer and then offered to be a stand-in for anyone who couldn't make a rehearsal.  Next thing I knew, I was recruited into the chorus.  So here I am...committed.  Now I need to figure out how to weave my runs into the rehearsal schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment