Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Now This Is What I'm Talkin' About!

Robin's egg blue skies...cool temps and low humidity.  Time to back one of the bikes out of the garage and go for a long lunch ride.

My destination?  Tuffy's Eatery in Mauriceville, TX at the junction of US-12 and TX-62 and about 12 miles north of Orange TX. 


Friend Steve met me there at 11:30 AM and we proceeded to eat gumbo, red beans and rice, a chicken wrap, salad, and slices of pie for dessert.

After lunch we headed to the border...the state border that is, to get photos of our bikes in front of the "Welcome to Texas" sign at the Visitor Center on I-10.  The photos are for the Jack Shoalmire Memorial In-State Saddlesore event on October 15.  Riders in 49 of 50 of the U.S. states (still need a Hawaii rider) are signed up to do this ride.  The organizer will be putting together a video of photos and ride routes as they're recorded by our SPOT satellite trackers.

Quick goodbyes and I was back on the road toward Houston, leaving Steve behind at the rest area to check on today's new i-Phone launch.  He's such an Apple geek!  ;-)

 I took a quick gas stop in Beaumont and rode back up onto the interstate just as Steve was passing the exit.  But I couldn't keep up with him. 

Nice day!  Good to be able to ride in moderate weather and not be soaked in sweat and overheated by the end of the ride.

1 comment:

  1. Apple Geek? Shoe Geek! :-) P.S. It's spelled iPhone. And yes, I will order one when I get up on Friday.

    ReplyDelete