Monday, September 26, 2011

What a trip!

Where to start, in describing this jam-cram-packed trip?? I went north to Michigan, southeast to North Carolina, southwest to Texas and home.

Along the way the trip took me to Lansing, MI and Lansing's Capital City River Run Half Marathon. Then there was the Post-race RTE (ride to eat) in Lansing afterward, with 10 MTF friends attending.

And the day wasn't over yet, because after that late RTE lunch, I drove to Grand Rapids to spend a couple of days visiting with sister and family in Grand Rapids, meet her twin grandsons for the first time, get caught up with her grown son and daughter Sunday evening.

There was no rest day on Monday...I drove to Panera for a late breakfast then met my sister at the Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park where we took the tram tour of the sculpture park section and had lunch at the nice little cafe in the visitor center.

Then it was on to Robinette's Apple orchard for some apple pie dessert. But the day wasn't over yet. My sister brought me to meet her daughter's horse at the boarding stable. That evening they showed me downtown Grand Rapids where an art competition was just getting started.

Continuation of the road trip brought me to Robbinsville NC where I stayed for five days, to attend the MTF Flower Sniffin' event and Founders Feast at Ironhorse Lodge in Stecoah NC.    I spent most of my time there working registration and sign-in for the event, selling MTF merchandise, and just chatting and visiting other MTF members.   But I did get out on Friday, riding pillion on a fellow member's Goldwing.

My drive home included an overnight stop in Mandeville to visit son and family. Then...finally....it was home to Houston.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back home. Man, I get tired just reading about this trip.

    ReplyDelete