Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Groovy

Sometimes a break from the schedule is a good thing.  Last week my running schedule was derailed a bit by family but I wasn't too worried.  I knew I had a good mileage base.  So this past weekend I picked up where I left off, got up at 6:00 a.m. on Saturday and headed out for an easy 4+ mile run.   It was one of the best runs I'd had in a long time!  I ran a good pace, even in this heat!  The short lay-off did me good.

Then on Sunday morning I felt the need to get another 5+ miles in (sheesh, why is that??), getting up at 5:30 AM to hit the streets early.  We were feeling the outer-bands effects of tropical storm Lee - no rain, just heavy cloud cover and strong winds from the north.  This kept the temperatures a few degrees cooler than it's been. 

I returned from my run, made coffee, ate some blueberries, got caught up on the news, e-mails, forums and blogs, then showered and dressed.  I hopped on the Beemer motorcycle and rode to La Madeleine to meet a friend for brunch, to enjoy one of their giant frothy cappucino's dusted with cinnamon, a chocolate croissant, and a yogurt parfait with fresh strawberries, blueberries, and granola sprinkled on top.  Now this is a sweet reward!

Groovy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment