Friday, November 12, 2010

It's Friday

Feeling some "weight" bearing down on my shoulders, I decided it was a good morning to go for a ride. My little red FZ6 was out in the garage, calling to me: "Come out and play, it's a beautiful day, the sun is shining, let's make hay." She's so sweet, I couldn't resist! It was a short ride, just enough to top off her battery and use up the stale gas in her tank.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm retired; anything that starts to look like the bad side of work is no longer fun for me. Some things I'm involved in - that should be fun - are beginning to take on that complexion. When the pressure is on and there's a paycheck involved, well...heck, those kinds of challenges I relish, and will tackle with zeal. When it's my volunteer time...and I'm not getting paid...then those pressures translate into stress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time to re-think my priorities and how I want to spend my retirement days and how well I want to sleep at night and how few worries I want to carry, like a ton sack of potatoes, everywhere I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment