Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hitting the Road Again Soon!

It seems like eons since I've ridden, but that's because life has gotten very busy for me this past month.

First, there's the marathon training, which actually began end of last May. During the summer months I concentrated on restoring my base conditioning. After Labor Day however, it's been all about the miles. Long miles, that is. Getting those long runs in takes precedence as it gets closer to January 17, 2010. And it's hard to get those miles in while on the road traveling.

So there's that...and then there's the imminent new product launch - the main product - for the company I've been doing consulting work for. "Soft launch" was this past weekend at the American Association for Hip & Knee Surgeons national annual meeting, held this year in Dallas TX. It was a scramble to get the marketing materials done in time: booth graphics, brochure, price list, website, demo tools.

And then in between all this I've been in rehearsals for the musical, "South Pacific" since early September. Rehearsals every day, sometimes twice a day, plus meetings for costumes, makeup, and the like. The run is over, now, and this has freed up my time greatly.

Time for a road trip! I leave this Thursday for Florida and the Florida Coast2Coast ride, held annually to raise money for Leukemia-Lymphoma Society. I'll leave early Thursday, go as far as I feel like going, stop for the night, then arrive in the Tampa area sometime mid-day on Friday. The ride is Saturday, leaving Tampa, riding every teeny-tiny road between the Gulf Coast and the Atlantic Coast, and arriving in Ormond Beach by dinnertime.

I originally thought of taking the Yamaha FZ6 on the trip, but have changed my mind. The BMW went in for a major service interval (24,000 mile service, actually done at 26,200 miles) and she has new "shoes" so now I think I'll take her instead.

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. What ever cycle you take I know that you will have a great ride!

    ReplyDelete