Tuesday, March 31, 2009

National Park Tour - Gotta Finish This!

Tomorrow morning "Fuzzy" and I get on the road for a 4 day trip capturing national park stamps in LA, MS, TN, KY, and MO. I'm finishing up my 3rd IBA National Park Tour (NPT) and the clock is really ticking to get this done. This is a highly addictive endeavor. How it works is you visit a minimum of 50 national parks in a minimum of 25 states within a 12 month period. The beauty of this IBA certifiable ride is its relaxed, flower-sniffing nature.

I started this particular NPT in early March, 2008 when I rode out to San Diego to start a 50CC. Well, it's now the end of March, so some of my first national park stamps are now dropping off the back end. I have lost 2 states (CA and AZ) and several park stamps (Cabrillo, Yuma, Saguaro, Casa Grande). If I don't finish this before April 16, I'll lose even more stamps and states. So I'm putting the pressure on myself to finish this one, because...well....I always try to finish anything I've started. Besides, I want to start a 4th NPT when I go to Utah in May. :-)

Fuzzy is all packed and ready to go. I cleaned and lubed the chain, checked tire pressure, and moved the GPS over from the BMW. She's ready....I'm ready. Let's roll!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!! I can't wait till the Chief is ready to roll. Be safe and take LOTS of pictures!! Which parks in TN are you visiting?

    Victoria "MsChief"

    ReplyDelete